To begin: Select the database link above and follow the directions to register your personal account using your Webster University email address. This account will allow you to access/login to the database and create and manage your own lists. You may need to periodically re-register your account for it to remain active.
After you login to the database and your account:
* To reduce costs, the most recent report available to university subscriptions will be at least one year old.
ReferenceUSA provides access to two databases:
- US Businesses covers 14 million companies
- US Consumers / Lifestyles covers 200 million consumers
The Consumers / Lifestyles module's Custom Search allows one to search across geographic, demographic and lifestyle data:
- Housing - home value and household income
- Lifestyles - from apparel choices to travel.
- Consumer Snapshot - age, gender, ethnicity, religion, political party, years in home, etc. This data is considered "sensitive" and is reported only in the aggregated level; that is, individual consumers are not identified.
(image from ReferenceUSA database)
A video on searching the US Consumer / Lifestyle module is available on YouTube.