Beginning a search doesn't have to be scary if you take a few moments to come up with a strategy before you start.
1. If you haven't already, choose your topic. And make it a big one. It's easier to refine your topic later than to expand it when you can't find specific information..
2. Turn that topic into a question. Determine what you want to know about your topic. Usually, this means relating your topic to another idea.
3. Come up with a few keywords to use as search terms. You should have two to four to start.
4. Select a database that is likely to have articles on your topic.
5. Type your keywords into separate boxes in the database and click that search button.
6. Check out your results.